back to top ^
DCFS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) Volunteer Intern Program (VIP) is seeking volunteers to provide support in an array of services and activities. Volunteers have options to volunteer at regional DCFS offices or at the multiple events and activities that occur throughout the year. Volunteers must complete live scan and TB test. DCFS serves an ethnically and culturally diverse community of children and families County-wide with events and activity that promote family reunification, sibling visitations and holiday/special events.
The DCFS Volunteer Program allows members of the community the opportunity to provide assistance and services to DCFS’ workforce and more importantly, to the families we serve. Below are the following services that volunteers may assist your Bureaus/Divisions/Offices:
- Performing Office and Clerical Support
- Tutoring Children/Youth
- Monitoring Children/Youth
- Cultural Brokers
- Running Errands
- Providing Support to CSWs
- Completing Special Projects
- Assisting with Holiday Activities
- Staff Special Events
Current volunteering locations/opportunities:
DCFS Headquarters located at
425 Shatto Place,
Los Angeles, CA 90020
Administration Team - one volunteer assist with the following clerical duties:
- Assisting with telephones (taking messages, redirecting calls, etc.);
- Assisting with filing;
- Assisting with updating and tracking logs (assignment logs, scanning, 158 logs, travel request logs, mileage logs, etc.);
- Evaluating need for and requesting office supplies;
- Organizing binders for our Bureau;
- Providing clerical assistance.
Contract Compliance Section- one volunteer assist with the following clerical duties:
- Providing support to each of the Administrators;
- Shredding the review field work to create more storage space.
Procurement Services located at
501 Shatto Place,
Los Angeles, CA 90020
Procurement Services-two or more volunteers assist with the following duties:
- Assisting with the Inventory Management Section;
- Updating Vehicle Files;
- Assisting with Service Requests;
- Assisting with Monthly Mileage;
- Assisting with Vehicle Registration;
- Assisting with Vehicle Purchase Orders;
- Assisting with Metro Violations and other vehicle-related duties.
Please check the website continuously as different volunteering opportunities and locations are continually being posted.
Some documents on this site may require Adobe Reader for viewing. To download, click on link below.